A Presentation by Kas Stone
Hosted by the Milton Canoe and Camera Club
and the Thomas H. Raddall Library.
Thursday January 30, 2020 (snow date February 6) from 6-8pm at the Thomas H. Raddall Library, 145 Old Bridge Street in Liverpool N.S.
Free admission with MCCC membership, non-members free will offering at the door.
Join professional landscape photographer Kas Stone on a journey across Eastern Canada, and learn some secrets for capturing effective land-sea-sky-scape images along the way. Kas shares advice about inspiration, visual design, camera gear, shooting & processing techniques that will bring your images alive.
- Traditional landscape photography subjects and styles.
- Personal motivations for landscape photography.
- Recommended camera gear for effective landscape images.
- A summary of basic techniques (exposure, focus, field of view).
- Visual design guidelines for landscape photographs: creating the illusion of 3-dimensions in the 2-dimensional photograph.
- The travel paradox: why exciting new scenery often results in disappointing photographs, and what you can do about it.
Kas Stone is a professional photographic artist based in Lunenburg County, where she finds plenty of inspiration in the wild coastal scenery and moody weather right outside her door. Her portfolio includes an extensive list of publications, exhibitions and awards, with two outdoor adventure guidebooks published by the Boston Mills Press, numerous photo projects in collaboration wth environmental groups, and feature articles and images in Canadian and British magazines. Visit Kas and learn more at www.kasstone.ca
NEWS & INFO